RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dreamsicle's Joy

I often times look at Dreamsicle and cannot believe how much she has grown and changed since we first met in China. She has always had a sense of humor but now that she is four, she is really pouring it on. She thinks that hiding and trying to scare you is cool right now, the only problem is that she lives her little life so full of joy everyday that it tends to bubble out in little uncontrollable giggles. She will attempt to "hide" but she just cannot be quiet. I will walk by the end of the couch and hear a little "tee-hee" coming from the other side, if I continue to walk acting as if I didn't hear anything she will jump out trying to give me a roar in between her giggles. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

She is really into knock knock jokes but cannot come up with any! She loves the concept but she doesn't deal in abstract very well so if she remembers one that I told her we are all set, if not they go like this:

D: Knock knock
Me: Whose there?
D: Dreamsicle
Me: Dreamsicle Who?
D: I don't know -Ba, Ha, Ha, Ha

I cannot help but crack up every dang time. She really thinks she is funny. Which does give me pause. If she cracks herself up and thinks she is funny (but often times isn't, she is just too cute to not laugh with) and I crack myself up (minus the four year old cuteness) what does that say about me? Hmmmm...

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive