RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why Have I Been Awake For The Past Two Hours?

It is now 4:30 am and I have been awake for two hours. I have no idea why. Must have too much stuff going on in my head.

Today is a big day!!

My baby boy turns 21 today. U*Haul was born on Thanksgiving 21 years ago today. This is the first time we will not celebrate that momentous occasion together. I wanted to send him a birthday cake but he swore that he doesn't have an address. Wellll, this mama got a little creative and if all goes well my beautiful brown eyed boy will be receiving a sweet treat today despite him being a nomad with no real address. I decided that if I could get a cake delivered to Chester who is living out of his tank in the middle of the sandbox I could certainly find a way to get one delivered to my son who is simply living in VA.

Why do attorneys have to always be so attorney-ish? It looks like our next big thing which we had lovingly started calling the January project is falling apart because of legal mumbo-jumbo that is simply not acceptable to us. Blech.Please pray hard that we are able to work through all of this.

For the past week Dreamsicle has been waking up at 3:30 and coming up into our room where I promptly get up and take her back down to her own bed, repeat the same thing at 4;30 and again at 5:30. This morning when she appeared at my bedside at 3:30 I kissed her goodnight as I lovingly lay her back down in her bed and she called out to me as I was leaving her room-"mama, your breath stinks-ewww". Nice kid.

She has some new sayings that I think she must have picked up from preschool. Whenever I ask her to do something that she does not want to do she looks me in the eye and says "that is just terrible mama". Or the other one that is bound to become a classic here-"not now mama, I'm working".(Okay, that last one probably didn't come from pre-school)

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive