RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My eyeballs are all itchy

Why is it that when you cry your eyeballs get itchy? Seriously. I can't do a thing with them.

Yesterday we lost our faithful, pain in the butt, ADD filled 150 pounds of nothing but "I've got to be with my family" at all costs including nudging my big old head into everyone's lap and drinking out of the toilet because I can dog. Junior stopped eating a week ago. We thought he was trying to wait us out since we had just switched dog foods. But by the end of the weekend we knew there was something bigger than an attitude going on with him. McGyver took him into the vet yesterday where they ran tests, tests and more tests. And by the time I got there, he was nearing the end. So my big old clumsy dog passed away with his head in my lap and my tears falling on his face. He had cancer. A big old obstructive tumor. Man I hate that. We spent the evening trying to explain to a 3 year old that Junior wasn't going to be coming back. She is sad, we are sad. And the silence fills each room that he is not in.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive