RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted!

Did you?

I got to our local polling place and the parking lot was jammed. At 6:50 am this morning. Lots of people, everyone was in good spirits and the lines moved quickly. It's funny when you live in a small town and there is only one place to vote. You see people that you rarely see, strike up conversations that you normally wouldn't have. That is the part of small town life that I love. The ability to keep it real even on a day filled with emotions such as today. We all found it amusing that Star*bucks and Kri*spy Creme are giving away free goodies for anyone that voted. I commend them for that, too bad we would have to drive an hour to enjoy their goodies. (One of the drawbacks of living in a small town)

In other news...

I have BIG news that I can't spill the beans on yet but wanted to mention it here just so that you could all cover us in prayer. The Lord knows what we're up to, I'd appreciate you all throwing our names up to Him if you are so inclined.

**No, we are not adopting again. Even though I would again in a minute, I don't think Mr McGyver's heart is being moved in that direction**

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive