RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Friday, April 29, 2005

One Step Closer!

I met with our social worker today over lunch where we exchanged paper, me giving her a check, her giving me..... OUR HOMESTUDY! She showed me the documentation that she did indeed send our paperwork to the USCIS/BCIS/INS (I've been informed that I keep calling the government agency by the wrong name but nobody can seem to tell me what the real name of the week is) so I will refer to it from now on as the agency that will send us our 171H-the only document that we are waiting on now. I am so excited!
We are one giant step closer. I ended up missing 3 days of work this week due to illness so I didn't take today off to get the other documents certified as I had originally planned. It turned out to be for the best since had I taken the day off, I would have been getting the other documents certified and would have missed the opportunity to pick up my homestudy. So my new plan is to take a day off sometime next week, get all of those documents certified then sent to the Chinese Consulate to get authenticated. Once I receive the 171H I will expedite that one document. It really looks like we are going to be DTC in May! If everything continues like it currently is then November will be when we receive our referral. Today was definately a good day.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love