RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Perspective

I received a message on my answering machine this afternoon from our social worker letting me know that the draft she had sent in to our adoption agency had been approved so we now need to set up a time for me to pick up the printed official version from her! Oh happy day!! After I listened to the message twice, I started feeling bad about how much I have vented regarding the lag in getting the homestudy completed. When I really sit down and put this into perspective, we started this process at the beginning of February. It is now the end of April and I will have my homestudy within the next day or two. Still not to shabby for timing, it's that control thing that I talked about in my previous posts. Any time I am not in control of a situation I lose my comfort zone. So, I am now back in love with my social worker. She really is a cool chick and I have learned a ton from her regarding China adoptions. Watching her with her adopted daughter has been wonderful, like giving me a small glimpse of what is to come for our family.
Speaking of love-I love Steven Curtis Chapman. I have been listening to a particular CD of his every day for months because of the song he wrote about adoption. He and his wife have adopted three daughters from China and the words to this song move me.

When Love Takes You In-by Steven Curtis Chapman

I know you've heard the stories
But they all sound too good to be true
You've heard about a place called home
But there doesn't seem to be one for you
So one more night you cry yourself to sleep
And drift off to a distant dream

Where love takes you in and everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
When love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in

And somewhere while you're sleeping
Someone else is dreaming too
Counting down the days until
They hold you close and say I love you
And like the rain that falls into the sea
In a moment what has been is lost in what will be

And this love will never let you go
There is nothing that could ever cause this love to lose its hold

Chorus

Aaahhh, I love that song. I can't wait until this love we have for her takes Koli in and she really knows that she belongs here.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love