RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

When The Lights Go Out, It Sure Gets Dark

It is cold and rainy here in the Mitten State and lots of things are on my mind. Good things, not so good things, confusing things. Things. Things. Things!

First, the good things:
Good Thing #1- We have signed client #2! We are putting the finishing touches on our real live honest to goodness office that is not in my home! I feel anxious, happy and excited all at the same time about this new venture.

Good Thing #2-Our retirement fund is still doing okay.

Good Thing #3-All of my children were able to spend 48 hours together recently. Lots of pictures were taken, some will make it onto this blog at some point in time.

Not So Good Thing #1-We are all sick, sick sick here.

Not So Good Thing #2-Chester called with his deployment date. Which happens to land very close to the scheduled induction of Pixie. I very well may miss my very first grandbaby's entrance into this world.

Confusing Thing #1-Although we are bursting with anticipation about our new business, there are many people who are silently (some not so silently) hoping that we fail. I don't understand that. What kind of a mindset do you have to have to not want to cheer people on? To not want to see someone succeed? Or to be so consumed by what we are doing that it takes over your life. That is some sick, scary stuff I tell you. There have been times in my life when I may not have cared for someone but I was always willing to give them credit for chasing a dream and often times proud when they made their dreams come true. Why can't everyone just want the best for everyone else?

Confusing Thing #2-How can you think you have friendships with people for 10+ years only to find out that those friendships weren't real? I'm still trying to figure out how you can attend (or be in) weddings, be in attendance for funerals, births of babes and such and not hear one word from people that you shared so much with.

Confusing Thing #3-This election. I'm not going to post a political rant here (although I could) but I certainly don't understand why questions are not being raised.

And finally, if you haven't read this blog, go do it. http://blog.cjanerun.com

Read what this family is going through with their sister and brother in law and how the rest of the family is stepping up.

It will certainly put things in perspective.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive