RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Monday, October 27, 2008

My Never Ending Love

Happy Anniversary Mr McGyver!

It hardly seems possible that we have been joined in matrimony for 24 years. Where did all of that time go? You certainly have held up well-thanks for that!

Speaking of thanks, allow me to list the things I am thankful for about you...

I am thankful that the public school system of which we both attended had the foresight to place us in the same classroom in kindergarten, thus allowing for our statement of "we've known each other our whole lives" to be very true.

I am thankful that you pursued me through out high school even when I was being a twit and trying to set you up with all of my friends.

I am thankful that for as long as I have known you, you have always had a listening ear, a tender heart and big love for lil' old me.

I am thankful that you allow me to chase my dreams and sometimes make those dreams yours too.

I am thankful that when you wrap your huge arms around me I have no fear. Nothing can hurt me when my man is protecting me.

I am thankful that we made 4 beautiful babies together-three of which have turned out to be remarkable young men and that we added a 5th beautiful baby to our family who is going to be just as remarkable.

I am thankful that Dreamsicle has such a loving and fun father to look up to. When I see the way she looks at you with such love and trust it brings me to tears.

I am thankful for the very essence of who you are, my partner, my lover, my best friend.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive