RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

What? It's not Thanksgiving at your house? Well it is at ours! U*Haul leaves to go back to being a bubble head on Saturday so we are celebrating Thanksgiving and his birthday today. I was baking like a mad woman last night to make sure that I had made everything that he had requested for today's dinner. U*Haul and Pixie will be experiencing their first attempt at the Turkey since I am working today. I thought it might be easier for Pixie to make her first bird while she is still here and I can help her if she needs it. And hello-did you read that I am working??? I can't believe how good it feels to be working again. In a real live office, with real live staff and real live clients. Happy, Happy, Happy! about working!

Lil Pea is keeping his mama and daddy busy. I cannot believe that we have been blessed so much. It is such an honor to watch that little family interact. That baby is definately going to be well loved. As hard as it is going to be to let him go when Pixie and Lil Pea are finally able to join U*Haul, I can rest well in the assurance that they will care for their babe with all that they have in them.

Dreamsicle is thriving preschool. I picked her up on Monday and her teacher came out to share something with me. She was going to read Hump*ty Dump*ty to Dreamsicle and then Dreamsicle told her she wanted to read to the teacher. The following is Dreamsicle's version of Hump*ty Dump*ty...

Humpy Dumpy Sat On Wall
Humpy Dumpy Fall
Humpy Dumpy Cwy (cry)
Humpy Dumpy's mama hug him

That's my girl.
She is going to be a pirate for Halloween. She is practicing her ARRGGH and Ahoy Mates to make sure she has the proper tone and gives the scary one eye look. If I could ever figure out how to U*Tube I would so be posting that here.

Still have not heard from Chester. My heart hurts. Must send another care package. If I can't hear his voice at least he will know we are thinking about him, and trying to fatten him up since it seems as if all I send is chocolate lately!

X*Boy and Mr McGyver are doing well so that about rounds out the family update.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive