RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Monday, December 14, 2009

Which Came First, The Chicken Or The Egg?

Heck if I know but I thought it was a catchy little title since this post is devoted to chickens! Yep, chickens! McGyver is convinced that 2012 will see the end of civilization as we know it (as for me, I'm all about knowing exactly where my food comes from) so we took the plunge and purchased 15 chickens and one rooster. I have to tell you-I am in love. These crazy little chickens all have their own personality and the rooster is a sweetheart. They are so curious, it's like having 16 dogs follow you around. McGyver and Chester were working in the pole barn last night and the chickens all ended up in there with them because they had to check out what was going on out there. If I leave and come back, they all come running out to my car to greet me. They are laying eggs like crazy so if you invite me to a get together, you should pretty much plan on me bring deviled eggs. LOL

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love