RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Saturday, December 19, 2009

What A Good Day

U*Haul, Pixie and Lil Pea arrived safely at our house yesterday. Pixie has a friend that loves to take photos as a hobby (but really Good Golly Miss Molly, you should do this as a business) so she was gracious enough to agree to snap some photos of the family today outside. We had a great time. She let me look at the photos through the view finder of her camera and from what I saw I think she really captured the essence of the McGyver family. Look for photos in the mailbox closest to you soon. (that is if I know you in real life, that would be kinda creepy if a photo of my fam showed up in random people who read this blog mailboxes)

After the photo shoot Pixie and I made rice krispie treats, fudge, peanut butter cups and pumpkin bread. Brownies, Gingerbread, Christmas Cookies and Chocolate drops are on the agenda for tomorrow after church.

I have been following a fellow blogger for over a year now. She has decided to post a drink recipe every day for the 12 days leading up to Christmas. I don't have permission to link to her blog but trust me when I say that she has some stellar recipes. She introduced me to home made grenadine and really sold me on the difference that using fresh juices for the drinks make. Can I just say yummmmmm? I decided to give her Cosmopolitan a try tonight. If there are any spelling errors in this post, I blame her.

Back on the U*Haul family topic for a moment-Pixie swore me to secrecy when they decided to come home after we cancelled our Disney trip because she wanted to surprise her mom. She and U*Haul have probably arrived at her family Christmas party by now-U*Haul is planning on taping her mom's reaction when the three of them show up unannounced to the party. How fun is that?

1 comment:

Susan said...

You don't have to link her, but can you share the love...err, recipes?

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love