RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Anxious with a side of insomnia

I have no idea what is going on in adoption land lately. The latest tragedy is that there are a group of people who were told by their agency that their Log In Date was June 6th. The cut off for referrals for April was June 6th. Guess what, there was apparently a mistake made on the paperwork for at least 17 families-they were really logged in on June 7th. Can you imagine? You finally think your turn is here, that after 10 months of waiting you will be receiving your referral only to have the rug pulled out from underneath you at the 11th hour? Crushing is what that would be.

I can't get this out of my head. My heart hurts so badly for those families.

Of course now I envision this happening to us. We have two weeks worth of LIDS to get through before our LID. I can't sleep. I keep envisioning that the CCAA pulls a fast one on all of us and actually gets through two weeks worth of LIDS in one month and either stops on the 19th (because ours is the 20th) or they will go throught the 20th and we won't receive ours. I have at least another four weeks to worry about this before we will know what dates the next batch of referrals will contain. I may need to start having Red Bull iv's to keep me awake if I don't start sleeping. So close and so close, or so close and yet so far? Who knows?

Does anyone else think that there is a large group of people in China laughing at us right now?

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love