RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Things Rolling Around In My Head

Lots of stuff rolling around in my head right now...

I have been done Christmas shopping for quite some time so why do I have this feeling of anxiousness that won't leave. I feel like I forgot to purchase gifts for someone. Oh. My.-please don't let that be the case!

There is big drama in my teeny tiny town involving women. Lots and lots of women. I won't go into the specifics because I believe that people are already being villified. I'm not trying to judge either but I urge those involved in the drama to take a minute and think about how you can still affect change for less advantaged women/children/families. I implore you to stop lamenting on facebook about how much good you could have done. You still can! There is no reason why you can't collect and donate coats/books/used cell phones/blankets to help those you state you can no longer help. You know the old saying talk the talk, walk the walk? I challenge you to walk the talk. If your hearts are being broken for the disadvantaged then I beg you to start a donation drive. Those that were disadvantaged a few months ago are probably still disadvantaged today. If you start a drive, let me know, I will be happy to donate what I can.

I am trying to put my big girl pants on and deal with the fact that U*Haul, Pixie and Lil Pea won't be home with us for Christmas. The truth is that I wish I could throw a big old tantrum, stomp my feet and they would magically appear. It is going to be difficult not having them home. I truly cannot wait until U*Haul's time in the service is over. I am happiest when I am surrounded by those that I love.

We had a potluck and gift exchange at work. I am so full that I think my eyeballs are actually bulging out of my head right now. Our team is a fantastic group of people and I am so honored to be associated with them.

I'm hoping to post one more post before Christmas. You would never guess I received a fancy pants camera for my birthday since I haven't posted photos in so long but just wait. The annual To*ys R U*s explosion that takes place in our living room every Christmas will be properly photo documented on this here blog this weekend.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love