RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don't Try This At Home

I am very blessed to work with a group of people who know me pretty well. Thank goodness. I took two of the ladies I work with to a lunch meeting with me. I drove. All went well until we were leaving the restaurant in my car. I hate the inconvenience a purse causes in the passenger leg area of any car. I try to be respectful of that leg area, considering it the personal space of the passenger. This always causes a problem for me because I am then left with the dilemna of just where the heck I should place my purse. I thought I had a solution-I held my purse aloft until I shut the door then placed my purse next to my door. Things went pretty well until we turned onto the service road to get out to the expressway. Apparently while holding my purse "aloft" I somehow managed to get the strap of my purse to wrap around the gear shift located on my steering column without me being aware of it. Needless to say the turning of the steering wheel caused the purse strap to wind around the steering wheel until it was so tight that I could not steer the car. This became an immediate problem since it happened so fast that we were left stuck in the opposite lane with me yelling to the two people with me "OMG Help me!" After much unwinding we were able to dislodge the purse from the gear shift and proceed along our merry way. Suffice it to say that I am guessing I won't be the one driving to the next meeting...

1 comment:

Jaci said...

a Classic for sure!!

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love