RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Monday, February 15, 2010

Bizzy

This is a short week for me. Today, tomorrow and Wednesday I am in the office. Thursday I hop a plane to Savannah for a conference where I will be able to hug my U*Haul, Pixie and Lil Pea since they are going to spend the weekend in the hotel with me. Plans are being made for us to hook up with my wonderful Aunt S and Uncle H who also live down there. I am beside myself with anticipation. Over the course of the next two days in the office I have some pretty important things to accomplish though so wish me luck. We are working in conjuction with our local community college developing a coding and billing certification. They are so hyped about this idea that they want to begin offering it an entire semester sooner than I was expecting. Which means I need to complete the Syllabus and Course Objectives for four courses in two days. Woo-hoo fun times peeps! On top of that, we need to revamp our marketing material and I had given myself a deadline of Wednesday to have the layout to the printer. Hmmm, something tells me that my insomnia may just come in handy for once.

Just a few words of wisdom I wish to dole out to those of you that have small children. When Daddy is choosing a show to watch, perhaps he should really read the description of the show before the show begins. Last night he tuned in to watch the I Should Not Have Survived show. The show dealt with a ship sinking and the ship's crew having to take shelter in a dinghy during a terrible storm. Suffice it to say that there were sharks involved and not all of the people had a happy ending. Dreamsicle watched the whole show-asking solid questions, not acting upset. Until it was time to go to bed. Every five minutes for the next three hours were spent putting her back to bed, reassuring her that there were no sharks in her bedroom. Every. five. minutes. We are heading to Myrtle Beach early this summer, any one care to wager whether or not my daughter will even stick a toe in the ocean?

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love