RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Birthday U*Haul!

Twenty years ago today~after Mcgyver's second helping of mashed potatoes but before dessert was served, we left my Aunt's house for the hospital. During the middle of the "big game" (can you say hello husband and resident OB physician-I'm over here, the one in labor, panting like a dog-please pay attention to me instead of the blasted football game?) U*Haul made his entrance into this world. With a head full of dark beautiful hair and a cry that would wake all of the other babies in the nursery, he made his presence known.

His dark hair has lightened over the years, he rarely cries any more but he certainly has brought joy to our lives.

It is so incredible that my baby boy, my last born son is now a man. When I look at him, I still see a 6 year old boy with a missing front tooth and a crooked smile. And yet a man he is. I am so proud of all that he is and all that he will become. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for him.

I brought pizza and a birthday cake home and everyone came up to the house to celebrate his special day. (Shut up-some people cook birthday dinners, I buy them when they fall during the week) Dreamsicle wouldn't eat, she was too excited about the chocolate thing in the box. W'az dat? was heard at least 15 times while eating pizza with her pointing her little finger at the box. When I brought the cake out and set it on the table with the candles in front of U*Haul she became the slightest bit indignant, exclaiming 'dat cake Dreamsicles! I gave her a small piece ( search my archives to see proof that she does not sleep when she consumes more than a tiny amount of sugar) of cake which she happily launched her whole face in to. It seems our sweet girl thought the most expedient way to eat the cake would be to put her lips into the cake rather than using a fork and bringing the cake to her lips. We all howled at that one. This might be a good time to tell you that it was a chocolate and whipped cream cake so when she picked her head up because we were all laughing she was covered in whipped cream. No pictures though-must get new camera STAT!

Anyway, trust me when I tell you a good time was had by all.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive