RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day, Shoes and the Floating Playpen

Memorial day has always been a day of solemn remembrance in the McGyver household. Having Chester in harm's way this year gave the day an even greater meaning for us. We spoke to Chester this weekend which certainly helped but boy do I miss that kid. He is doing well and is bored. Bored! The whole time the boys were growing up I would shudder when they would utter that word. Now it brings joy to my heart. Stay bored the entire summer Chester. Please stay bored.

Reason 365,762 that I am certain the Lord matched us with the perfect little girl. Dreamsicle has started talking in her sleep. It is mostly baby babble but one word caught my ear that she kept repeating while I was listening to her through the baby monitor. She was happily exclaiming Shoes! in her sleep. Ahhh, I love that girl.

This weekend marked Dreamsicle's first time on the floating playpen. I have pictures to prove it but I can't find my blasted camera plug in thingy-ma-do to upload them to my computer so you will have to take my word for it until I find it or buy a new one. She was pretty timid at first but soon got her sea legs. She's not a big fan of the life jacket but does love her water shoes (imagine that). Anyway, we had a literal feast on the water with friends of ours. Shrimp scampi, ribs, corn on the cob~a great way to usher in the summer season. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love