RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Our Dreamsicle turns one today. This morning I woke up in a very sad mood. Missing this milestone was weighing heavily on me. I got to work this morning and was greeted by such a wonderful surprise that it lifted my spirits. The people I work with had decorated my office door, ordered a special birthday cake for Dreamsicle and also given me a "slice" of cake to eat-complete with one candle on it in honor of her birthday!

I am so blessed to work with people with such amazing spirits. Birthday wishes have been flowing across my email all morning. I'm printing them all and will assemble them for her viewing pleasure when she gets older.

I have been staring at her picture all morning, reminding myself that we will be together soon. Not in time to celebrate this birthday, but every birthday to come, we will at last be, a family.

1 comment:

M3 said...

Oh your coworkers are so great! Happy birthday Dreamsicle!

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love

Blog Archive