RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today

This morning I woke up early. I had to stand on my tiptoes to pull down the box that I keep safely hidden deep within my closet. Surrounded by the darkness, I reached into the box and pulled out the plastic ziplock bag. Oh so carefully, I opened the seal slightly, held the bag containing one tiny little boys outfit to my nose and inhaled. I resealed the bag quickly, the scent is so faint now that I'm not certain that it is still even there. But it has to be there. Even if it is only in my head. I held the bag tightly to my chest and let silent tears fall onto it. Just as quick as I pulled the box down, I placed it back into its hiding spot.

This morning I came into the office. I had to stand on my tiptoes to hug Chester. I breathed in his scent and let silent tears fall onto his chest.

March 24th 1987, the day our world tilted. March 24th 2010, the day we remember our sweet boy. We grieve for our loss still and thank God that we still have Chester. One day, they will be together again for all time and eternity, as will our whole family. Maybe I should rephrase that. One day, our family will once again be made whole.

Rest in peace Angel Baby

1 comment:

Susan said...

All my love and lots of hugs.

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love