RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Monday, March 01, 2010

C'mon Spring!

The sun is shining today. I actually left for work this morning and it was daylight! It is so strange how much winter and the ick that goes with it sucks the lifeblood out of people. Today I feel happy, hopeful and energized. If I keep this up, I'll be unstoppable by the time Summer gets here (yeah right). McGyver and I spent a weekend away with some friends. We had a great time. It was so good to relax and reconnect. I was able to indulge and get a massage and even snuck in a nap. It was awesome. We were at a Safari Club annual meeting where they hold an auction as a fund raiser. They auction things like hunts and fishing expeditions. The end of the night they had a surprise item-a fur coat. McGyver knows how much I suffer in the winter-I can't ever seem to get warm-he ended up being the successful bidder and I won the coat! It is beautiful, something I would never purchase for myself, but oh so roasty, toasty warm. I know I have followers that would probably just as soon throw paint on my coat, but be happy for me-no more freezing in the Mitten State for me! Yippee!

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love