RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nana and Grumpa



Yep, that's what you can call us from now on!
I should have known something was up when U*Haul put on the BBQ apron. (sorry, forgot to turn the picture before I loaded it). U*Haul and Pixie offered to make us dinner the night before he left for boot camp. U*Haul can make a mean hamburger so they offered to make burgers on the grill for us as his last supper so to speak.
The grill is located just outside the door of the basement, they wouldn't allow anyone to go down into the basement while they were cooking and yelled up the steps to give us a heads up that dinner would be served in 3 minutes. Pixie's mom was over having dinner with us that night, imagine my surprise when they came walking up the steps, holding a plate of burgers announcing that they were pregnant! I screamed so loud, I scared Dreamsicle. So Dreamsicle will now be an aunt and I'm going to be a Nana. We have all decided that McGyver fits the name "Grumpa" perfectly. :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm so happy for Nana and Grumpa! Congrats to all!!!

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love