RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Patience is a virtue

Yesterday I received a phone call from the woman who will be doing our homestudy. I had been in email contact with her a couple of times before she was our "official" case worker so she is familiar with the start date of our paperchase process (we started February 2nd). She is absolutely amazed at the "lightning speed" way that we have moved through this process. I think that we have been blessed by living in a small community. We were able to walk in and get L's birth certificate, our marriage license and criminal clearance letters for me, L, W & D in less than a week. Our physician was able to get our bloodwork and physicals completed in 5 days and our tax return just happened to be finished on the same day that we were heading into the neighboring town where our accountant is located. So we have mailed our I-600A and are now waiting for the fingerprint invitation and have scheduled our homestudy visits through March. Our social worker thinks that she will be able to have our completed homestudy to us by the middle of April. In the middle of my enthusiasm upon hearing this good news I gushed-Great! We could be DTC by the end of April then couldn't we? My social worker immediately felt the need to find the biggest pin she had in her arsenal and pop my big ole happiness balloon by telling me that there was no way we could be DTC by April and will be lucky if we squeeze in by the end of May. I am choosing to continue to travel down my rosy path and still think we could be DTC by April. Kolaina is waiting for us. I can feel it in the deepest part of my soul. Our daughter has been born and is waiting for her Mommy and Daddy to come pick her up. The thought of not even being able to start the countdown process until the end of May makes my eyes well up with tears. Nope, we are going to be DTC in April, I have to remind myself over and over-patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue....

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love