RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back to Everyday Life

The memorial service for Grumpy Old Man was beautiful. I actually managed to get through the eulogy without crying and it was so wonderful to see all of the people that came to pay their last respects to him. Mcgyver heard many stories about his father as he was growing up that GOM's childhood friends shared with him.

And my friends. I do not have words to describe how much I value and appreciate them. Since the memorial service was held at our home, I fully intended on pulling out my usual Mar*tha Ste*wart and taking care of everyone. My friends had other plans for me. They completely took over-preparing food, filling dishes when they got low-washing dishes to give back to people who had so thoughtfully brought a dish to pass-all the while insisting that I focus on my family. They were angels in bodies that day let me tell you.

Yesterday found me back into the mix at the office. It felt good to focus on work. This week is going to fly by as we have a few major presentations happening on Thursday then the long weekend.

And I am doing something positive-beginning to make preparations for a trip to Dis*ney-the one place that we all seem to run to when we need our batteries re-charged. Where else would a crazy family like ours go except to the "Happiest Place on Earth" to spend time together and heal?

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love