RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In A Feeble Attempt To Keep Up With Tradition

I am posting in January. It seems as if my MO lately is to only post one (two if you're lucky) posts a month. I must make a better effort and updating here more often.

Sooo what's been happening in the Casa de la Dreamicle you ask? Welllllll, mi casa es de old casa (yeah I know, I was never very good at Spanish so you get what you get). We moved back into the big house. McGyver couldn't stand it for one. more. minute. So it's bye-bye to the river house and hello woods. Anyone looking to buy a house on the river? I've got one up for sale if you are.... heh.

I just returned from a trip to Savannah for work. The weather was terrible, the conference was great and as an added bonus I got to have dinner with my more than fabulous Aunt S and Uncle H. I don't get to see them often but I loooove spending time with them. They treated me to a scrumptious dinner in a gorgeous setting. Doesn't get much better than that.

Dreamsicle is having so much fun now that we are back in the big house. I didn't realize how much my girl loves carpet but apparently it rates right up there with her Elmo doll and lovie. She spends a large amount of her time "wolling awound" (rolling around) on the carpet with a huge smile on her face. She really has got to be one of the happiest kids on the face of this earth. No matter how stressful my day has been, when I open that door and she runs around the corner literally jumping up and down because Yeah! Mama is home!, I just want to scoop her up and never let her go. We are having so much fun watching her explode with personality, it sure makes you want to do the right thing all of the time since she mimics everything she sees.

Two more weeks until U*Haul and Pixie get married. My gosh, where did the time go? They are moving back into our house this weekend and Pixie will stay with us until U*Haul has completed boot camp and his schools. I'm looking forward to having them with us for a while.

I uploaded pictures but loaded them in the wrong place so I'll post photos once I move them to a more accessible place.

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love