RAMBLINGS OF A MIXED UP MAMA

This is the ongoing story of faith, love and family as we walk through this life with 3 sons, one daughter, one daughter in law and one grandson

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Goosebumpy

Today is referral day. Lots of people whom I have never met are posting on various websites that they have received the referral for their daughter (or son!). I love this day of the month. When you can almost physically feel the love oozing out of the computer as people post with such excitement and joy after having waited so long. This time it is making me cry. I have no idea why but this month's posts have reduced me to a blithering idiot. I think because I am so happy for these families. The joy they feel today when they first lay eyes on their new child, is nothing compared to what lies ahead for them. It is giving me goosebumps. Congratulations to everyone!!

Dreamsicle has been sick for the past week. Runny nose, cough, fever...last night we ventured out to a restaurant for dinner, she seemed to have been on the mend. Right after she ate some of the appetizer she decided maybe it would be better if that food wasn't sitting in her stomach but rather in mama's lap. Even through all of that, I can't get over how much I love this child. She can throw up on me and I'm still smiling. I can't wait for all of these new families to experience the same thing...

No comments:

About Me

I am a Christian woman, the wife of an outdoorsman and mom to a computer loving twenty something guy, a Marine, a Sailor and a three year old Princess who rules the roost and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. Add into the mix a daughter in love and the cutest grandson in the world and you have our big old house of love